Thursday, October 20, 2011
kindness
Last year around Christmas time, I wanted a kitty. I have always been allergic to cats and more of a dog person, but I decided that I would also love to have a kitten. I looked on craigslist, in the newspaper, and I even drove around the Walmart parking lot every Saturday and Sunday looking for one. There wasn't a kitten within a 100 mile radius. I finally went to an animal shelter in town and deicded that I would adopt one, especially since if cats or dogs are not adopted, they are put to sleep because of lack of supplies and money the shelters have to take care of them. I found a kitten that I fell in love with, signed the papers, payed all the fees, and then took her home the day before Christmas. They told me as I was leaving that the litter of kittens that I adopted my kitty from was going to be put down in just one short week if nobody else showed interest in adopting them. I felt very grateful that I could not find anywhere else to get a kitten and that I saved a life that day. I still have her, and her name is Esmerelda. I call her Izzy for short. She is black and white and is the most outgoing cat I have ever known. I would not trade her for the world.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment